(Bridge to XProtect) is a middleware application which filters third-party events and alarms, and integrates them into Milestone XProtect.
BTX accepts events and alarms from systems such as Video Analytics, Audio Analytics (gunshot and aggression), Access Control, Building Automation and more. It then creates XProtect Alarms and Events according to user-defined settings.
- Events and alarms can be configured to trigger the Smart Client "Matrix" views.
- Users can search for video associated with the events and alarms.
- BTX can received events from:
- Third-party Access Control systems via TCP/IP connections.
- Directly from cameras and encoders via TCP/IP connections.
- OPTEX laser sensors via TCP/IP connections.
- Inovonics security gateways via TCP/IP connections.
- The XProtect event stream.
- and any other system that is capable of following the BTX TCP/IP protocol.
Real-world applications typically include events and alarms like:
- Wrong Direction
- Intrusion Detection
- Line Crossing
- Object Left Behind or Removed
- Queue (waiting line) Detection
- Crowd Detection
- Gunshot Detection
- Aggression Detection
- Rejected badge
- Door propped open / door open too long
- Panic Button
- ... and more!