BTX (Bridge to Milestone XProtect®)
Transform 3rd-party Events and Alarms into Milestone XProtect Events and Alarms
BTX (Bridge to Milestone XProtect) is a middleware application. It monitors real-time event and alarm data streams from third-party systems such as Video Analytics, Access Control, Security and Building Automation.
BTX analyzes incoming data, then based on user-defined rules and schedules, transforms that data into XProtect to ...
- Generate Alarms with Video Bookmarks.
- Generate Events with Video Bookmarks.
- Trigger User-defined Alarms. (for Text and Email Notifications, Relays and Digital Outputs, and other functions)
- Trigger Smart Client Matrix Views.
- Trigger PTZ Commands. (for any camera, even for those from which a given event did not originate)
BTX stores and tags the originating event and alarm data into the XProtect database. As such, Smart Client users can search and filter reports by Event and Alarm Keywords, external / third-party Device Name, originating Date and Time, and even the raw Incoming Message String.
BTX device-specific configuration options include:
- Counters - to debounce high event and alarm rates, and reduce false-positives.
- Timers - to throttle over-frequent event alarm rates, and reduce false-positives.
- Schedules - to define specific time periods within which incoming events and alarms should be processed.
BTX "double-knock" configuration options include:
- Groups - combine events and alarms for any combination of devices, to produce a single event or alarm. (Instead of generating many single events.) (This function is important, because it facilitates validation of any single alarm, and eliminates false alarms.)
- Double-knock Timers - to specify time periods within which all devices in a given group must generate an alarm in order to produce a single master alarm.
|June 18 2019
BTX now featured on Milestone Marketplace
BTX receives further recognition as a proven third-party video management application within the Milestone community.
It is now available worldwide as an integration platform for a wide variety of third-party devices, analytics software, sensors, and other security-related utilities on the Milestone Marketplace.
May 2 2019
BTX can now receive & push SNMP traps into Milestone XProtect
BTX's new capability allows a network monitor to instantly identify network equipment issues involving routers, switches, servers, workstations, printers, and other network devices.
BTX can automate your network monitoring by triggering mobile, email, & Milestone Smart Client alerts when network device issues occur.